Friday, August 7, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes


This post may not appeal to anyone but me but I wanted to document some of the funny things that Owen has said lately because I know I'm going to forget them if I don't write them somewhere. So, here are some of my favorites:

"I s(t)uck!!" which of course sounds like "I suck" and he yells it at the top of his lungs no matter where we are if he's even remotely stuck somewhere.

"Me need Elmo!!" when requesting his Elmo underwear. These days I think he loves Elmo more than me.

"No Elmo! Me need....and then he proceeds to sing the song he wants Elmo to sing"

"Sing it!!" which he yells at us daily when he wants us to sing one of his many favorite songs.

"need it? NO!" the phrase he repeated over and over again yesterday at Lake DeGray while examining his rocks and deciding whether they were keepers or not. If he decided not to keep them then he threw them across the water.

"party!" which he yells everytime he sees sparkly streamers of any kind whether they be at an actual party, a car dealership, or a restaurant.

I will update this post as the situation arises so that I can keep a record of the funny things he's saying these days.

**As for the picture at the top.....now that Owen is sleeping in "big boy bed" he has taken to falling asleep in weird places in his room. He usually roots around in the bed until the whole thing is destroyed before he gets comfortable. The other day when I went to check on him I found him on the floor rolled up in the sheet.....and there he slept for 2 hours.**

No comments: